Friday, April 26, 2013

Save the drama for your...oh wait, that's me.

Dear Zoe, aka my little drama queen, or drama princess- 

Today when I picked you up from school you told me you had an owie and then proceeded to "cry" and say "oh NO, mama, it huuuuts, it huuuts SO bad- my owie!"  I am expecting a huge gash or a scraped knee, but it is a teeny tiny blister on your foot where your "princess shoes" cut in.  You insisted on wearing your fancy shoes to school today with no socks and even though I warned you that this would happen, you insisted, in true girl style, "Is okay, mama, I wear dees shoes.  They my princess ones.  They so boootiful!"

Speaking of outfits- you are absolutely impossible to dress these days.  You insist on picking out your own outfits, usually have 3 or 4 outfit changes during the day if you get "durty" or your clothes get "messed" (messed up) or if "being a ballaweena is jus too hawrd".  Even though most days you look like a homeless orphan princess, it's cute and isn't hurting anyone so why not.  Also, I'm tired and pick my battles.  

Here are some jems from the past couple of weeks-



Bathing suit, baby hat and tutu- having a tea party


Jammie top, tutu, flower pants, "princess" shoes


Gloves and hat, stripey tights, tutu, magic wand

xoxo, the mama

1 comment:

Shannon Teich said...

Zozo,
You are very determined to make this blog my best read every time because I know your Mama only tells true stories here...from the shoes you didn't even want to try on to them being bootiful!
Love you,
Auntie Shannon xo