Friday, October 5, 2012

Time for School!

Dear Zoe- Last week was your first day at "school".  It is a program for kids that are too young for the 2 year old preschool (like you) but that are ready for some interaction with other kids without moms there.  I was VERY apprehensive about dropping you off.  I worried that you would miss me too much and knew that I would miss you too!

You couldn't have been more excited, wearing your Minnie backpack like such a big girl.  I left you there for the two hour program and with the exception of panicking just a little, the teacher said that you were great!  You were so excited to see me when I picked you up- you grabbed my hand and showed me all the toys you played with and the art project that you did.  I was so proud of you!


Such a BIG girl!!


Literally running into school, so excited!!


This week, however, you remembered where we were going.  As soon as we pulled into the parking lot, you said "No paint picture! No paint picture".  I was a bit worried about leaving you but knew that it would be good for the both of us.  The teacher had to pull you away from me (heartbreaking) and after standing outside the room crying tears of my own, I left.  When I came to pick you up, you were just fine- you had a great day in class with your teacher and your new friends and even ate some of the snack this week!!

This is hard for both of us, but it is good for you to gain some independence, especially with your little brother or sister joining us next month.  You are becoming such a big brave girl and I am so proud of you!

Love, the mama.

No comments: